Thursday, May 29, 2014

Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada

Here are a few pictures from our trip to Waterton National Park.  Beautiful scenery and fun day to Canada before we left America for Canada for 10 days.



The Canadian Border guard was very friendly. I had a West Virginia cap on at the time and he told us that he once live in Phillipi, West Virginia and knew where Elkins was.


Alberta is the Wild Rose Country, but they have nothing on me, I have been with this Wild Rose most of my life and I would not have it any other way.


Linda thought this might be bear poop, not sure but some of my hunting friends might can help me out.





My Linda and Tom Hodges have had a running snowball fight going on since last trip.  Linda wants you to know that she has not been hit yet.

In talking with the owners of this restaurant we found out that they winter at Ft Myers Beach when they close up for the year at Waterton, Alberta Canada. 

The ladies got a big laugh from this sign at the restrooms.

View from our table at Trappers.
 
Buffalo burgers and fries, they sure were good.

This is the top of a table in the restaurant that has Canadian and American pennies on it.  They had just gotten it that morning. 

Just a part of Waterton Lakes.


This is the Prince Edward Hotel in Waterton Lakes.





This is Red Rock Canyon, not a very big canyon but was really red.





These little guys have been all over the place.




Waterton National Park (Canada) and Glacier Nation Park (Montana) come together to form the International Peace Park. This is a beautiful place in North America. We are still in Canada, have 3 more nights and then we will be in Washington state.  We are in Revelstoke, British Columbia tonight.  I will post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment